Types of Roofing Material
This is one of the most common types of roofing material used. The asphalt shingles are not very expensive and can be installed easily. They can be reinforced with organic materials or fiberglass without changing the look of the shingle. One best thing about Asphalt shingles is that there are a lot of colors available. However, Asphalt has a short lifespan as compared to other roofing materials.
Clay and Concrete Tiles
These tiles add elegance and texture to a roof. Concrete is not very expensive but it certainly is heavy. Clay tiles have a long life but they also are very heavy. Another thing to remember when installing clay tiles is that you cannot do it by yourself. You will have to call the professionals to install them for you.
Metal roofs have good resistance over any weather conditions. They are available in the form of shingles and panels. The metal roofs can come in copper, aluminum, zinc, and stainless steel. Metal roofing is the most expensive type of roofing material but it is highly durable and offers great solar resistance. It is lightweight and can be recycled. This type of roofing material looks great on bungalows and cottage-style homes.
Tips to Choose The Best Roofing Material
Whether you are replacing your existing roof or buying a new one, professionals at Aspire Renovations can help you in selecting the best roofing material for your home. Here are some questions that you need to consider when choosing the perfect roofing material for your home:
- Will this material require special framing?
- How heavy is the material?
- Is there a variety of colors available that would complement my home?
- Does the material adhere to the fire codes in my area?
- Will this material be able to survive in extreme weather conditions?
- Is this roofing material suitable for my budget?
- What is the estimated life span of it?
- Do I get a warranty for this type of roofing material?